iMOL Archives - Sosilawati Showed Witness RM1 Million Cheque From Pathmanaban, Court Told
Welcome iMOL Archives



Home 2SubscribeTrigger HappyEthnic ClashForumHistorySocialPoliticsEconomyEducationPlantation WorkersAbout me
Silence is not an option when things are ill done - Lord Alfred Dennings
Search   in  

 Create an AccountMain Home | Submit News | Your Account | Content | Topics | Top 10  

· Home
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Feedback
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 7 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

[ Health ]

·Iranians make a hit in Malaysia
·Plan to Use ‘Killer’ Mosquitoes vs Dengue Draws Fire
·Asia's Consumers Come Alive
·Free anti-H1N1 vaccinations
·Eggs are good for the heart
·Lack of Regulation Blamed for HIV Upsurge among Women
·600 million lack toilets in India
·7 reasons to drink cocunut water
·Durian Craze Grips South India, Women Believe It Improves Fertility

Sosilawati Showed Witness RM1 Million Cheque From Pathmanaban, Court Told

Contributed by Anonymous on Wednesday, July 06 @ 10:12:53 CDT

July 06, 2011 21:59 PM SHAH ALAM, July 6 (Bernama) -- Murdered cosmetics millionairess Datuk Sosilawati Lawiya had received a RM1 million cheque from former lawyer N. Pathmanaban during a brief encounter in August last year, the High Court heard Wednesday.

According to the deceased's close friend, Junaidah Ismail, 52, the cheque changed hands between Sosilawati and Pathmanaban on Aug 3, in front of the latter's office which faced the Kuala Langat police headquarters.

She said that on that day, she and the cosmetics millionairess were heading to Port Klang to celebrate her (Junaidah's) birthday.

At the time, they were in Sosilawati's car which was driven by her driver, Kamaruddin Shamsuddin.

On the way, about 5.30pm, Junaidah said they dropped by Pathmanaban's office as he had earlier told Sosilawati he was on his way to the office.

"We waited for him in the car in front of his office. He arrived about 30 minutes later in a Mercedes sports car...I think it was a Brabus.

"Sosilawati alighted. They met briefly for about five minutes.

She took something from him before returning to her car," the prosecution's 13th witness said during examination-in-chief by Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Idham Abd Ghani on the third day of the murder trial.

Junaidah was testifying in the trial of Pathmanaban and three farm hands, T. Thilaiyagan, R. Matan and R. Khatavarayan.

The four are jointly accused of murdering Sosilawati, 47, bank officer Noorhisham Mohamad, 38, lawyer Ahmad Kamil Abdul Karim, 32, and Sosilawati's driver Kamaruddin, 44, at Lot 2001, Tanjong Layang Road, Tanjung Sepat, Banting, between 8.30pm and 9.40pm on Aug 30, last year.

They face the mandatory death penalty if found guilty under Section 302 of the Penal Code, read with Section 34 of the same code.

According to Junaidah, once inside the car, Sosilawati showed her what she had received from Pathmanaban, which turned out to be a cheque.

"At that juncture, Sosilawati had remarked, 'I received payment'.

"I noticed that it (cheque) was postdated. I questioned why it was for September, rather than August, which was the current month (at that time) but she assured me it was all right, as they (she and Pathmanaban) had already discussed it. The cheque was under Southern Symphony Sdn Bhd," she added.

The prosecution witness who had known Sosilawati for 28 years, said she had laughed at the handwriting on the cheque which looked like that of a child.

"I wondered about it aloud but Sosilawati dismissed it lightly. After that, we went directly to Port Klang and after Maghrib, celebrated my birthday.

"Our conversation after that was only about what to do for fasting month and Hari Raya," she said, adding that was the last time she was with Sosilawati.

Asked by DPP whether that was their first meeting with Pathmanaban, Junaidah replied in the negative.

"The first time was about three years ago when Sosilawati brought me to meet her friends, Datuk Suhaimi and Sabri, as well as their lawyer, named Pathma, at Hotel Pan Pacific, Sepang.

"I was there but did not really concentrate on their conversation...but they seemed to be discussing a land deal in Penang," she said.

On whether she usually accompanied Sosilawati to meet Pathmanaban, Junaidah replied: "About three or four times."

She also told the court that after the birthday celebrations on Aug 3, last year, she continued to be in contact with Sosilawati.

"Sosilawati usually called. On Aug 29, she called to ask how I was and we talked about Hari Raya preparations. Later, she asked me whether I wanted to follow her to Banting, the following day (Aug 30) and I replied I wanted to rest at home.

"She (Sosilawati) did not tell me her purpose of going to Banting and that was the last telephone call from her," she said.

Meanwhile, Junaidah, under cross-examination by Pathmanaban's counsel, Manjeet Singh Dhillon, said she did not know whether Sosilawati and her driver, Kamaruddin, had a relationship that was beyond that of an employer and employee.

On another matter, she disagreed with Matan's counsel, Amer Hamzah Arshad, that the cause of Sosilawati's marriage break-up with her ex-husband, singer Nash, was her closeness with her driver.

"They (Sosilawati and Nash) had differing views; they were constantly quarreling over that," she insisted.

Twelfth prosecution witness V. Selvapandian, 46, a school van driver, in his testimony said his nephew, Suresh, gave him a watch in August last year, after being told to do so, by the fourth accused.

He said, however, that he was not told by Suresh as to where he had obtained the watch. The witness could not identify the item when asked to by DPP Ishak Mohd Yusoff.

The watch, referred to by Ishak, had belonged to Noorhisham and it was identified by his (Noorhisham's) wife, Suzana Radin Pangat, yesterday when she testified as a prosecution witness.

Earlier, before hearing commenced, Thilaiyagan's counsel, Gurbachan Singh, lodged a complaint with the court that his client, who was also third accused, was subjected to harsh treatment by a police Special Task Unit while being escorted to the Kajang Prison about 7.30pm yesterday.

He told the judge his client was forced to strip after being suspected of concealing a lighter in his anus.

"The second accused was asked to probe my client's anus with his finger.

"If they didn't obey, they would be beaten. My client was then ordered to do push-ups using his knuckles, on top of a piece of iron. He complained it was very painful," said Gurbachan.

Justice Datuk Akhtar Tahir said he viewed the matter seriously and would deal with the officers when they were identified.

He said the second accused could file a complaint and asked the DPP to assist in the matter.




Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Links
· More about Social
· News by sound

Most read story about Social:
Malaysian singer snared in Net sex video

Article Rating
Average Score: 0
Votes: 0

Please take a second and vote for this article:

Very Good


 Printer Friendly Printer Friendly

Disclaimer: The views expressed by the authors and comments on this website are the sole responsibility of the writers themselves. The writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. The accuracy, completeness, honesty, exactitude and factuality of the articles and comments are not guaranteed by iMOL.

If you do not wish any of your writing republished here, please send mail to sound20[at] Allow us one month to remove it. Thanks. Copyright © 1998 iMOL

Page Generation: 0.18 Seconds