iMOL Archives - Actress Sujatha suicide inquest
Welcome iMOL Archives



Home 2SubscribeTrigger HappyEthnic ClashForumHistorySocialPoliticsEconomyEducationPlantation WorkersAbout me
Silence is not an option when things are ill done - Lord Alfred Dennings
Search   in  

 Create an AccountMain Home | Submit News | Your Account | Content | Topics | Top 10  

· Home
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Feedback
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 10 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Select Interface Language:

Random Headlines

National: Politics
[ National: Politics ]

·After 54 years should Malaysian Indians still keep nambikai (faith) in BN govern
·Motion urging government to draft an act on Race Relations
·Karpal: Up to DAP disciplinary committee to deal with Ramasamy issue
·For Malaysian Christians, an Anxious Holiday Season
·Rayer Challenges Ramasamy To Present Evidence
·Mr Khairy, know what you are talking.
·Mr. DPM. Please walk the talk.
·MP gets earful for comments to media
·Thiruttu karrupan made a senator

Sujatha Suicide: Actress Sujatha suicide inquest

Contributed by Anonymous on Monday, March 16 @ 09:20:08 CDT

Bernama, March 16 — The chief operating officer of Maika Holdings Bhd told the Coroner’s Court today that his personnel assistant, K Sujatha, told him she had “unknowingly drunk” paraquat on June 19, 2007. Vell Paari said he came to know about the incident after her younger brother, Ugenthiran, who was studying in Australia at the time, contacted him.

He said he received the call at 6.30pm, about 30 minutes after Sujatha, who was also a local actress, had declined his offer to send her to the clinic although she had complained of stomach pains due to an ovarian cyst. Questioned by Deputy Public Prosecutor Geethan Ram Vincent, who is assisting Magistrate Mohd Fauzi Che Abu acting as coroner, Paari, 46, said that immediately after confirming with Sujatha what had happened, he rushed to the Sangsuria Condominium where she stayed. The condominium is located about 10 minutes drive from Paari’s house in Jalan Ipoh. “While on the way to the condominium, I contacted my cousin who is a medical officer attached to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang, for his assistance and advice,” said Vell Paari. “He told me that since such cases would be rejected by medical centres, it was better for me to seek treatment (for Sujatha) at the government hospital,” he added. He was testifying at the inquest of Sujatha, 28, who died at the Klang Hospital on June 25, 2007, four days after admission, for allegedly drinking weed killer. Paari, who is MIC president Datuk Seri S Samy Vellu’s son, said his cousin,  Dr S P Sakthiveloo, who stayed near his house, suggested sending Sujatha to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital. Questioned by Geethan as to why he did not seek treatment for Sujatha at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, which was just 10 minutes’ drive from his house, as compared to the hospital in Klang, which was more than 45km away, Paari replied that he was confused at that time. Earlier, Paari told the coroner that he knew Sujatha since 1996 when she was working with one of the Maika’s subsidiaries and worked as his personal assistant between 1999 to 2007.
Paari said he knew Sujatha’s family well and funded her brothers’ education, one of whom studied in Australia. Asked to describe his relationship with Sujatha, Paari said it was just an employer-employee relationship, where he had also cared for other staff, as well. However, he admitted that he had sent Sujatha several times to Damai Hospital and clinics where she had sought treatment for her ovarian cyst. “My relationship with Sujatha was just like any other friend,” said Paari who remained calm throughout his testimony. Meanwhile, Sujatha’s father, Krishnan Kunchan Nair, 53, said he last met his daughter about three years before her death. He said he was unaware that she was warded at the hospital in Klang for nearly five days prior to her death. Krishnan said Sujatha and he were not on good terms, adding that one of his sons informed him of her death. Krishnan also told the court that he did not suspect foul play in his daughter’s death. Sujatha’s housemate G Tanusha Nair, 28, said Sujatha had introduced Paari to her at a concert in Bukit Jalil. Tanusha said she visited Sujatha at the hospital in Klang on June 19, 2007 after the deceased’s brother informed her that she was critically ill due to ovarian cancer. She said she was unaware whether Sujatha and Paari were involved in a relationship. The inquest continues tomorrow. — Bernama



Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Links
· More about Community
· News by sound

Most read story about Community:
GOD HELP MY Bro's n Sisters!

Article Rating
Average Score: 0
Votes: 0

Please take a second and vote for this article:

Very Good


 Printer Friendly Printer Friendly

Disclaimer: The views expressed by the authors and comments on this website are the sole responsibility of the writers themselves. The writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. The accuracy, completeness, honesty, exactitude and factuality of the articles and comments are not guaranteed by iMOL.

If you do not wish any of your writing republished here, please send mail to sound20[at] Allow us one month to remove it. Thanks. Copyright 1998 iMOL

Page Generation: 0.32 Seconds